Commonsense Leadership: No Nonsense Rules for Improving Your Mental Game and Increasing Your Team’s Performance
– Commonsense Leadership is the playbook for leaders who want to win. From rallying the team to hitting it out of the park, every leader needs to understand the mental game. It’s what separates winners from survivors, and champions from second place—it’s what gives your team the edge, and the strength to forge ahead through adversity. This book shows you how to boost performance with tips and advice gathered over 45 years of working with major corporations and world-class athletes. Whether your team battles on the field or in the boardroom, the mental component is a critical factor in determining outcomes—and left neglected, can become the number-one driving force behind failure.
A winning team must be highly skilled, but they must also be resilient, motivated, attentive, and ready to charge the field. Skills can be taught, but the mental factor comes from the environment and the leadership. This book shows you how to boost performance, with real-world solutions for instilling that razor-sharp mental edge.
When equal opponents are matched, winning ultimately comes down to mindset. Although sports analogies are ubiquitous in corporate leadership, the mental development aspect is too often ignored—but those who play the mental game and play it well have an unmistakable edge. Commonsense Leadership reveals the secrets to motivation and performance, with practical techniques for building a winning team.
Winning Sure Beats Losing
Dr. Llewellyn’s astounding track record among professional athletes, business executives, entire corporations, and chronic illness patients speaks for itself. If you’re ready to step up to the plate, Winning Sure Beats Losing will help you hit the long ball. Universally credited with engineering the miraculous turnaround in the career of Cy Young winner John Smoltz, Dr. Jack Llewellyn knows better than anyone how to transform survivors into winners. He spells out, step by step, how to be a winner every day by:
- Identifying assets, setting goals, and developing a winning attitude.
- Learning how to focus, when, and what to focus on.
- Developing the ability to recover and move on.
- Taking emotional control and overcoming the inevitable “mental lapse”.
- Visualizing successful performance, then doing it. And much more.
Get The Mud Out of the Water
Everyone had adversity which creates “mud in the water” or mind clutter. Use The Jack Llewellyn System to change your life.
- Learn how to use your assets to overcome your liabilities.
- Learn how to achieve something positive every day.
- Learn how to surround yourself with a team of people who are committed to helping you.
- Create a positive enviroment and live in that enviroment every day.
- Use daily stressors as incentives to improve your life.
- Emotions make you who you are; use your emotions for positive outcomes, or emotions will become a devastating liability.
Let ’em Play
Youth baseball has become a national phenomenon: phenomenally popular, and phenomenally controversial. In Let ’em Play, a leading sports psychology consultant restores the sanity — and the fun — to this wonderful pastime. Featuring original interviews with Major League baseball players.
Tools for Life’s Spiritual Journey
14 Spiritual Passages and Life-Changing Tools.
Coming In First
Universally credited with engineering the miraculous turn-around in the career of Cy Young Award-winner John Smoltz, renowned sports psychology consultant Dr. Jack Llewellyn knows better than anyone how to transform survivors into winners. In Coming In First, he unveils publicly the program behind his remarkable success — until now available only through private counseling and seminars. Llewellyn’s astounding track record among professional athletes, business executives, and entire corporations speaks for itself. If you’re ready to step up to the plate, Coming In First will help you hit the long ball.
Psychology of Coaching: Theory and Application